Jun 10, 2013

Zephyr Summer Love

This morning I woke up with Camp Zephyr on my mind! The crazy bugs, the hot afternoons, the mashed potatoes in your hair...or worse down your leg. The trash run and pig pen smell so early in the morning and of course the unforgettable moments of watching students worship! Zephyr is a place where so many people have poured out by loving God first, students second and themselves last. It's a place where full-time and summer staff are beginning their process of being poured out for their first youth camp today. It's a place where hearts and lives will always be changed because of the people that love like Christ! I'm so thankful for the sweet summer staff and the commitment they made to God in this summer season. Praying that God will fill them up and continually renew their peace so they can love and pour out in a capacity that is flowing from God's grace. I'm also thankfully in prayer for the full time staff AND their rockin' families who offer their lives to camp ministry without asking anything in return! If you know or love any camp staff this summer please thank, love and pray for them often. Let God fill them up through your words and prayers. If you don't know any camp or staff to pray for...join Tyler and I in praying for OUR FAVORITE CAMP this summer (of course we are partial)!!


If your lost on what to pray for I know rest is a hard thing to come by at camp during the summer so feel free to use this verse as a guide! You can never go wrong by starting with God's word.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:28-30 MSG)

Praying for unforced rhythms of grace,
Aubri & Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment